Underwritten by Aviva logo

Insure4Music Blog - The Microphone

I’m a DJ – why do I need insurance?

As a DJ, we know you can’t compromise on sound. Your mixers, decks, computer, audio equipment and accessories come at a high cost, so it’s sensible to consider insuring them against theft, loss and accidental damage. But you might be surprised to hear that DJ insurance covers much more than that.

One big reason DJs come to Insure4Music is for Public Liability insurance. So what is it and why is it so important? Let us explain.

Why is Public Liability insurance so important?

If you’re serious about being a DJ, Public Liability insurance is an absolute must. Most venues, especially the larger ones will insist that any DJ that they book, or is booked by someone hiring the venue, has DJ insurance with Public Liability included. Taking out insurance means you’re able to take on more gigs with more top venues.

What can go wrong?

Sometimes it’s easy to think that a DJ just sits safely behind their booth, immune from the hazards around them. Sadly, that’s not always the case. By making sure you have the right DJ insurance policy that includes Public Liability insurance, you are better protected in the following scenarios:

  • Speakers or lights fall from their positions and cause an injury
  • A member of the public accidentally trips over a cable and injures themselves
  • Injury or financial loss caused by faulty or malfunctioning equipment catching fire

Getting the right insurance should be a simple business decision – not only will it help you to play any venue, but it will give you peace of mind in the event of an accident.

How can Insure4Music help?

Insure4Music has a range of cover options available for aspiring and professional DJs, VJs and mobile DJs. Our Equipment Cover insures your equipment up to £50,000 and under our Music Liability option we offer up to £5 million in Public Liability if you DJ live.

There’s also good news if you aren’t able to attend your usual profession, business or occupation following an accident caused via use of musical, entertainment, sound or lighting equipment. If this happens we will cover you for Loss of Earnings for up to 52 weeks under our Performance Cover option. Finally, if you DJ abroad, Worldwide Cover means you can be insured wherever you play your sets.

Find out more about Insure4Music’s DJ and equipment insurance here.

Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Get an instant quote
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons