Underwritten by Aviva logo

Vinyl Collection Insurance

Vinyl Collection Insurance


Get a Quick Quote

Quick Quote

Select your equipment type (you can add more later)

Total Value


I just want Public Liability cover 

What is Vinyl Collection Insurance?

Our Vinyl Collection Insurance is designed to protect you if anything happens to your vinyl records. If you use vinyl records as a DJ, they’re not just a pastime – they’re a crucial part of your job. Likewise, if you’re a fond vinyl collector who’s spent a lot of money on your records, it would be disastrous if they were lost, damaged or stolen.

That’s why, at Insure4Music, we offer a range of cover options for DJs and vinyl record collectors. Our Equipment cover insures your vinyl records against theft, loss and damage, up to a value of £50,000. Starting from just £26.99 a year, this protects them both in and out of the home.

If you DJ live at venues we offer £1m Public Liability insurance for just £27 a year, and £2m and £5m Public Liability insurance is also available.

With Insure4Music’s Vinyl Collection Insurance, your records won’t be off the decks for long.

Why do I need Equipment cover?

If you’re a DJ, you should have specialist Equipment cover to avoid having to pay for repairs or replacements out of your own pocket if something happens to your vinyl records.

The mistake many vinyl record owners make is thinking that adding their records to a home insurance policy provides the cover they need – but most home insurance policies not only contain a sizeable excess, they also might not cover your music equipment outside of the home. Unlike home insurance, our cover protects you if your vinyl records are stolen, lost or damaged, whether you’re at home or out and about.

At Insure4Music, we also replace your vinyl records on a New for-Old basis if they were purchased new and are less than three years old. Additionally, if you travel outside of the UK with your vinyl records, you can add Worldwide Cover to your policy with us and be protected abroad.

Why do I need Public Liability Insurance?

If you DJ live using vinyl records, you should have Public Liability cover when you perform. Most venues won’t allow you to play unless you can produce a valid Public Liability Insurance certificate.

This covers your legal liability if you’re deemed liable for an accident that causes damage to the venue or injury to a person at the gig. For example, if your electrics caused damage to the venue, or someone tripped over a wire and blamed you for their injury you could be taken court. If this happens, our Public Liability cover will protect you against the legal costs incurred as well as compensation up to £5 million.

Why choose Insure4Music?

Our policies have been built with vinyl record owners in mind. We understand that, if you DJ live, you’ll have more than just one or two vinyl records, which is why we don’t ask you to list every item you want to insure. Plus, our Lowest Price Guarantee means you won’t find the same level of cover that matches your needs for a better price. Get an instant online quote today and see how much you could save.

What our customers have to say about us...

Get an instant quote