Underwritten by Aviva logo

Musicians & Musical Instrument Insurance

Musicians & Musical Instrument Insurance


Get a Quick Quote

Quick Quote

Select your equipment type (you can add more later)

Total Value


I just want Public Liability cover 

Sound policies to keep you playing

Playing an instrument isn’t just a pastime, it’s a passion which shapes many musician’s lives. Therefore, if something happens to your instrument, you want to know that it can be repaired or replaced quickly and easily.

At Insure4Music, we provide musical instrument insurance designed to keep you playing, whether you perform live or practise at home. Our Equipment Cover protects instruments of all shapes and sizes, whether you’re a violinist or play guitar in a band.

Why do I need musical instrument insurance?

Even if you take good care of your instrument, there’s always the possibility it could be lost, damaged or stolen, whether you’re at home or out and about, and the result could be a serious financial loss.

For instance, someone could break in and steal your instrument while you’re out of the house, or it could be accidentally damaged while you’re on your way to a gig or lesson.

In these situations, you need musical instrument insurance. Without it, you would have to pay for any repairs or replacements out of your own pocket.

Regardless of the instrument you play, whether it's a guitar or a violin, the drums or the trombone, you can rest assured that your items will be protected with our musical instrument insurance. If you're a DJ, we have a policy that’ll suit your needs as well. For more info check out our Sound Equipment and DJ Insurance.

Things to consider when getting musical instrument insurance

Many musicians assume their home contents insurance will automatically cover their musical instruments and equipment. Unfortunately, this is not the case for most homeowners, as adding cover to your household insurance can be expensive and making a claim on the policy could increase the cost of your annual premium.

If your home cover does insure your instruments, it’s unlikely that protection will apply outside your home. This is where musical instrument insurance comes in.

Insure4Music’s musical instrument insurance protects your equipment whether you’re at home or on tour. With our Equipment Cover, we’ll replace your instrument new for old if the item is less than three years old for instruments or 18 months for laptops and computers and they were bought new. We also cover older instruments, but they will be replaced for their current market value.

We can insure your musical instruments and equipment up to a total value of £50,000 and single items up to £15,000.

How much does Equipment Cover cost?

The cost of our Equipment Cover is down to the instrument you own, as well as its value.

If, for instance, you own a classical instrument worth £1,000 and want to protect it against loss, theft or damage, our Equipment Cover costs just £20.25 per year or £1.69 per month. However, our Equipment Cover costs vary depending on the category of instrument you want to insure.

Find out more by getting a quick quote for your instrument now.

Why should I cover my instrument with Insure4Music?

With our specialist musical instrument insurance, you can practice your passion knowing that, should the worst happen, your instruments are protected.

We understand the needs of musicians and our cover has been built  to provide the right cover at the right price.

We also offer a Lowest Price Guarantee, meaning that if you find the same level of cover for a better price elsewhere, we’ll refund the difference.

Get an instant online quote with us today.

What our customers have to say about us...

Get an instant quote